September 18th, 2015
I mentioned a busy fall event season a few days ago, and, well, I’m pleased to announce the first of them:
I’ll be reading from An Inheritance of Ashes, talking fantasy and science fiction, and signing books alongside excellent authors Megan Crewe and Natale Ghent at this year’s Word on the Street Festival!
Supernatural Sovereignty: Humans Defending the Earth
Nobody likes to be pushed around, but the assertions of dominance in these fantasy novels go beyond bully threats or pressure from parents. Join Megan Crewe, Leah Bobet, and Natale Ghent in conversation as they discuss the use of aliens, gods, monsters, and demons as larger-than-life villains in their novels.
To say I’m happy about this is kind of an understatement. Word on the Street has been one of my favourite lit events for years (I may have renamed it Personal Christmas) and getting to be a part of it is going to be frankly awesome.
The stuff goes down at Harbourfront Centre on Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 12:30 pm, on the This is Not the Shakespeare Stage, with signing afterwards.
Hope to see you there!
- I'm still not here. Just had to put that piece of cognitive dissonance somewhere.,
- TFW you're in a store that contains three bars & thousand-dollar handbags & How Soon Is Now comes on the sound system.,
- Sunday is coffee and provolone and oranges. #foodisgood #sunday #nofilter https://t.co/39NPTz9JyO,
- Otherwise, please do something nice and/or awesome. I will come back and tell you about mine, and I'll look forward to hearing about yours.,
- If you want to chat next week, write me a lovely email and I will write one back.,